Monday, August 11, 2014

I gotta get out of this place!!

So, we've officially been in Japan for a whole week.  We have almost adjusted to the time difference.  Just when I thought I was adjusted, aka sleeping till 7, I was awake again this morning at 0500.  Ah, well! It will eventually get better, right?

We have had a lot of rain since we got here, but luckily we've had 2 straight days of sunshine! Good thing because we are going stir crazy in this TLF (temporary home for non-military).

We have just about had our fill of living out of suitcases and being in confined quarters.  Truthfully, I fear one or more of my children may not make it out! lol  Everyone is kinda getting on each other's very last nerve, including poor Emma.  We are doing our best to get out and about everyday, but only Jaret has his license so far and we are still waiting on cars.  I should have both my license and "new" van this Friday.  We have meet some really wonderful people already and are thankful for their willingness to show us around our new country.  We went to our first dinner out in town the other night at a yakiniku restaurant (no shoes allowed) where you get thin slices of different meats and you grill them on your own table grill...think melting pot, except grill.  It was delicious, but next time we will get a babysitter and go without kids or at least Emma.

I will leave you with some pictorial evidence of our living situation followed by a few of the gorgeous mountains that surround our base.


A few rare moments of the kids getting along
 Our first 1/2 American 1/2 Japanese lunch in our room

The pictures below are of our TLF. Jealous, huh?  I actually thought, "wow, this is pretty nice" when we first got here and as the time wore on and the patience runs thin, I'm not so sure! ;)





  Lastly are some pictures of our host country
 Just beyond the little building are lotus fields which Iwakuni is known for...in fact, it's everywhere!



 These pictures don't even do these mountains justice.  They are amazing!

Jonas and I went to see Earth to Echo at the base theater.  He ate nearly 3/4 of this tub of popcorn!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment